Poker and Liquor

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Prebinging at the Mark

Otis almost fell down. There was some sort of Weeble Wobble force field keeping him upright. It defied the laws of physics.

Twenty people were in this tourney that outgrew G-Rob's house and moved to The Mark, including all three members of UpForPoker (good to see CJ again), Wes the Big Pirate (sick wife and kids, but he made it), Poker Btch and The Mark (It's their House), Shep Tilstein and Wolverine (my brother and nephew), Tommy the Axeman, Mr and Mrs BadBlood, and others. I was fortunate enough to draw a seat at the B table--without our most aggresssive players, G-Rob and the Mark. And I had The Bluffing Firefighter on my right.

At the A-Table: Within 15 minutes, G-Rob's aggression payed off. For someone else. G-Rob was out. You cant blame him as he lost flopped set over flopped set. Another fifteen minutes later, The Mark joined him. The Wolverine had a huge stack.

At the B-Table: By this point I had crippled The Bluffing Firefighter by slow playing a folpped set of 5's and calling his all-in. I had also played the hammer three times, losing a small chunk when a two flopped with other garbage. Over the course of the evening, I had the hammer at least 7 times. I played it every time but once, when I faced an all-in raise ahead of me. It never payed off well, mostly taking down the pot immediatly post-flop.

Here's the problem, when G-Rob and The Mark busted out an early 1st and 2nd, they proceeded to carry shots of SoCo around to everyone, making certain to give me a shot EVERY time. Somehow a drunken TeamScott managed to place in the money at 4th place. I think I busted out with the Hammer, but I really don't remember. Drunk I was.

And though I wasn't even close to falling down, I was still more drunk than Otis. I have noticed a tendancy to party heavily shortly before a planned party. I think the expectations of the partying, makes me have a premature edrunkulation. So that's what I did. I do think that this technique helps me out when the real party arrives, as I have partially gotten it out of my sytem.

But I can't believe I ended up positive for the evening, placing 4th in the tourney, and making a small amount in a cash game I can't even remember. I also won a $5 prop bet with Otis, when Badblood proves once again that his huge guns are for decorative purposes only, as he loses to the Mark arm wrestling.

It's funny, what I remember most throughout the evening was the twinkle in Otis' eyes as he talked about our upcoming trip to Vegas. I could see his excitement and felt it myself. Maybe his light spirit is what held him up, and kept him from falling.

7 Comments:

At 11:46 AM GMT-5, Blogger Tooloftheman said...

"premature edrunkulation"

Excellent.
-Marty

 
At 1:08 PM GMT-5, Blogger TeamScottSmith said...

Yeah, how'd you do?? Hell, I can't even remember who I was up against when it was down to 4 of us. Who won anyway??

 
At 1:28 PM GMT-5, Blogger Otis said...

That prop bet was $20, not $5.

 
At 2:23 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cj won!! he was heads up against the wolverine.

 
At 4:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger TeamScottSmith said...

Holy Shit!! I won $20 on a prop bet??? I am sooooo cool.

 
At 12:03 PM GMT-5, Blogger Bill said...

"premature edrunkulation"

Finally a true creative force in G-Vegas. This is the best thing ever written in GVegas.

"Badblood proves once again that his huge guns are for decorative purposes only"

I think this is all a GVegas consipracy to undersell the power of the guns so he can pummle the rest of us. I don't buy it.

 
At 5:09 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the chilly blog as he tries to figure out who or what teamscottsmith is all about.
great post chilly I look forword to meeting you in a few days

 

Post a Comment

<< Home