Poker and Liquor

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving is Over

Thanksgiving is over, the turkeys were fried and eaten, the tequila was shot, the wine was sipped, the beer was guzzled, and the gravy bound it all together. The blogging and poker took a back seat to family and tradition. I have much to be thankful for.

A selfish list topper is this: I’m going to Vegas in 8 days, baby! I am so jazzed to be going to Vegas now. The excitement level has really just kicked up 10 fold. As I read the other blogs, I’m seeing the same thrilled impatience repeated by my WPBT peers. It reminds me of being 7 years old on Christmas Eve, waiting for Santa. It’s a similar, but more adult emotion. It has to be more adult, because I’m thinking of gambling and getting shitfaced. I mean it is juvenile, but it is more adult than 7, right??

Meanwhile, to cope with the expectations of our upcoming trip, and to get back in the groove after a Thanksgiving Hiatus, there is a game at G-Rob’s house on Friday. The all-star cast includes G-Rob, Otis, Shep Tiltstein, The Mark, BadBlood, Quillayute, and Wes the Pirate.Gamecock maybe?? Even CJ is even going to make the trip up. I am such dead money. Although I have held my own in BradOWeen’s past, I can’t help but think this Friday is –EV for me in a major way. But I need the warm-up if I plan on doing well at all in the Winter Classic. I think I may fold every time CJ is in the pot.

8 Comments:

At 12:28 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If G-rob is in, I am in and he knows it.
G-rob raised 500-- I call

 
At 1:08 AM GMT-5, Blogger BigPirate said...

Dead money's driving up from Columbia. I'll be half gassed when I get there.

 
At 9:01 AM GMT-5, Blogger TeamScottSmith said...

I've played with you Pirate, and you, sir, are no dead money!

 
At 9:20 AM GMT-5, Blogger Daddy said...

Team Scott in the motherfucking house!

Can't wait to sling a few back with you in Vegas.

Happy Blogging.

 
At 10:25 AM GMT-5, Blogger BadBlood said...

Bring some wine.

 
At 11:46 AM GMT-5, Blogger TripJax said...

Damnit...have a drink for me as, alas, I shall not be at vegas. Have some Poker and Liquor for me.

TripJax
Poker In Arrears

 
At 3:50 PM GMT-5, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

Wish I could join you boys, but I'll be an hour or so north of you in Asheville making nice with Mrs. Falstaff for our 10th Anniversary before I blow off for the WPBT trip.

 
At 11:52 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Poker Bez Depozytu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home