Poker and Liquor

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

No Poker Just A Great Time

No poker on top of Shortoff! I thought I would share a few pictures from my past trip to Shortoff Mountain. This weekend we will try it again. I think this is our 25th anniversary with a bunch of great people that go backpacking every fall. Shortoff is our favorite place to go. Shortoff overlooks the Linville Gorge just south of Grandfather Mt North Carolina this is the view looking north.






We all have a great time worshiping whatever we want to, please remember whatever happen on Shortoff usually stays on Shortoff.





TeamScottSmith and I have hiked the rough trail to this great piece of neverland more times than I can count. Our groop is called the Shortoff Mountain Daredevils (SMD for short). We have been to many other hilltops of the great state on North Carolina and Virgina and love the natural beauty and the adventure of the wilderness. In this shot I dont know if I am warming my hands on the fire or waiting for some spacship to come and get me.




I have no Idea what these fine friends are getting out of that bag but it might be a band-aid or something.









TeamScott and I trying to figure out what we will do the rest of the day. Will it be another shot of Tiquilla or Jagar or maybe another cup of coffee.
















This is my Brother-in-law after he got into a fight with a rock on the dark trail at night. Some things just happen at night I can't explain. "Shep, Scott, I think I am bleeding" he calls "wait right there David" I knew if he called for help it had to be something, he never complains about anything. A great trooper!




I have invited many of the G-Vegas crew to go with us but they can't hang. I think Otis could! He is welcome to join us any time as long as he doesn't fall over the 200+ foot drop!!

Wish us luck!!!

5 Comments:

At 10:28 AM GMT-5, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I ain't trying to be mean, but that blood is awesome. I think this is the first poker blog where we see blood coming from the flesh live. I like the look your brother-in-law has on his face, like, "awww...shit, these guys are going to have a story on me...can I get another drink."

 
At 7:01 PM GMT-5, Blogger TeamScottSmith said...

I do believe Shep meant to say Shortoff was just South of Table Rock North Carolina instead of Grandfather Mt.

We're back now, with no real injuries, and a ton of therapy no psychiatrist could achieve in a years sessions. The prescriptions were better too.

We had a hell of a time. The weirdest thing happened. For the first time ever, we carried alcohol back down the mountain. Believe me, it's not from a lack of drinking, it's just that we were over-prepared.

 
At 1:15 PM GMT-5, Blogger Derek McG said...

you guys rock! viva la shep and scott!

 
At 6:02 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:52 PM GMT-5, Blogger Steven said...

A big shout out to Scott...I recognized him in the photo, considering whether to consume "tiquilla" or "Jagar".

Hey, if you can't spell either of them at that point, what difference does it make?

Love to him and his better half Amy...

Steven Mathena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home