Poker and Liquor

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Kid, and The Tea Party

Parents should be proud of their children. I am! I have three. 7 - 17 - and 18. Only one of them plays poker and Otis has been kind enough to add to his works (about "kids playing poker" ) his thoughts of my sons poker play over the last few years. (since he was 14).
He has won a number of the G-Vegas tournaments including his first tourney (he was accepted to) at Mt.Otis to several at The Mark and the New Years BadBlood tourney that had 15 of G-Vegas finest to include G-Rob, Otis and CJ. Not to mention that he (the Wolverine), myself, my wife (msjackhammer) and TeamScottSmith all made it to the final table at Bradoween 05, hell we had 40% of the table. If you want to read some of Otis fine works check it out but you probably read it just to find this site.
I just hope it doesn't take too long to get the Mini-Blood old enough to play!! He will be one good poker player. I see it in his eyes already. Greed!

***

On the Liquor side of this sight, from time to time I may post a little of what I have read about alcohol consumption. You never know what you may find.

The Boston Tea Party

According to historians to protest oppressive British taxation, a party of men rowed out into Boston Harbor dressed as Indians. They intended to board a ship carrying British products and dump its contents overboard. They did so. But what seems to have gotten lost in history is the fact that there were two British ships in the harbor that day, and they boarded both.
The first ship carried the tea. The tea went into the harbor. The second ship carried hard cider. The hard cidar did not go into the harbor. The raiding party decided to lodge its protest in a less dramatic, but equally patriotic manner-- they took the cider home and drank it.

daily Quote: " wine makes daily living, less hurried, with fewer tension and more tolerance" Benjamin Franklin

5 Comments:

At 6:40 PM GMT-5, Blogger TripJax said...

Enjoying your posts Shep...keep it up.

Was "The Kid" in Charlotte at Falstaff's?

 
At 11:26 AM GMT-5, Blogger Shep said...

yes the kid bubble at 6th I think

 
At 11:53 AM GMT-5, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Booo...the father must bow down to the son on this one...boooo! Remember to rule with the heavy hand Shep if the kid challenges you to a heads up...heehee! Oh, you won...yes, yes...oh, you want to borrow the car...pffft!!!

 
At 12:38 PM GMT-5, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Shep,

You crack me up, MOFO. I just posted something on my food blog about you...and I have named this small dog the official mascot of the TeamSmith site.

 
At 10:57 AM GMT-5, Blogger cc said...

Shep--

I wanted to see if your son would be interested in answering some questions for my series on children and poker. Could you pass along my email at csquard@yahoo.com if he's interested? I'd like to get his insight on the matter. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home